8-Day Adventure – July 22-29, 2018 – $3,950/ppdo
Join us on this 8 day/7 night tour and you will immerse yourself in the rich Medieval Heritage of beautiful Abruzzo!
See the exquisite frescoes of Abruzzo’s hidden medieval hermitages and churches.
Sample the exquisite local foods, and savor the delicious wines of Abruzzo: rich Montepulciano D’Abruzzo, crisp Trebbiano and melting Cerasuolo.
Meet artisan cheese makers who create all the varieties of Abruzzo’s melting Pecorino –sheep’s milk – cheeses.
Learn about the ancient art of Falconry with a hand’s on demonstration given by masters of the craft.
Experience life as it was in the Middle Ages including arena side seats for Sulmona’s Giostra Cavalleresca, a traditional joust-style horse race dating back to before the Renaissance.
The magnificent Piazza Garibaldi will be transformed from cobble-stoned market center to compacted earth arena. The city vibrates in anticipation; we are special guests of the event! Lose yourself in the costumes, trumpets, drums and cheers as all Sulmona celebrates its rich medieval past. Throughout your private tour you will be personally guided by your local experts, Nancy and Michael!
Our itinerary includes:
- – Transfers from and to Rome’s DaVinci Fiumicino Airport
- – All meals included in the itinerary
- – Delectable dishes highlighting the unique hand-made foods of Abruzzo
- – A private vineyard tour with accompanied wine tastings
- – Personalized guided excursions with truffle hunters and artisan cheese makers
- – Exquisite alpine picnic – cooking “alla brace,” grilling over glowing embers
- – Private excursions to the cultural gems of Abruzzo
- – Medieval castles, churches, hermitages and quaint, undisturbed mountain villages
- – A hands-on demonstration of the medieval art of Falconry
- – La Giostra Cavalleresca – Sulmona’s medieval joust!
Click here to view stunning images of the Medieval Joust of Sulmona
Intimate…Undiscovered…Abruzzo. See Italy on roads less traveled with AbruzzoPresto!
Join us this Summer!!